Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Hugh Sparks <hu...@csparks.com> on 2008/07/15 18:55:55 UTC

Re: How to enable the Flowscript Debugger in C2.2 OR how to set properites on avalon components in C2.2?

I made a very slight amount of progress getting the
flowscript interpreter to work.

First of all, it does not work for me at all when using jetty.
But with the following setup, I was able to get the
flowscript debugger window to appear running under
tomcat.

I extracted the cocoon-flowscript.xconf from the
current svn and put it in this directory:

tomcat\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\cocoon\avalon

This file was edited to enable debugging. I didn't bother
with using a parameter:

    <debugger>enabled</debugger>

When I fire up an application that uses flowscript, the
debugger window appears on the desktop. The controls
and menus are active but no source is shown. The application
throws up a list of error messages.

Here are some highlights of the traceback:

javax.servlet.ServletException:
        org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
        Sitemap: error when calling sub-sitemap

org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException:
        Exception during lookup of component with
        'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript'.
        (Key='AvalonServiceManager')

root cause

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
       Error creating bean with name
        'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript':
        Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
        org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
        Unable to initialize Avalon component with role
        org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript;
        nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
        Unable to initialize Avalon component with role
        org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript;
        nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException

Perhaps this will help someone take the next step.

-Hugh Sparks, hugh@csparks.com