Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2019/07/01 09:55:05 UTC

Re: Proposal: Automatically mark stale PRs in github

An example of why I'm not a _huge_ van of stale bot, at least not for issues.

https://github.com/dpgaspar/Flask-AppBuilder/issues/685

That is still an issue but was closed just because no one responded to it.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Hello Everyone,

The stale bot started to close the stale PRs as the week passed. But afraid
not! Even if the PR got closed by stalebot - they are not gone, you can
still re-open the issues you would like to continue working on.

So feel free to re-open the PRs! That will also be sign for committers that
the PR is still "alive".

I truly  hope this process will be much better than 100s of abandoned
issues.

J.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Hello All contributors,

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Hello everyone,

ACTION NEEDED BY ALL CONTRIBUTORS: Please add comment to the PRs that you
are still working and you got notified that they are marked as "stale". If
you do not comment on those PRs, they will be automatically closed in a
week by the stalebot.

Suddenly the stalebot started to work as expected. It was few days after
the infrastructure team followed up with Github and got no response, so
maybe they finally found and fixed the problem without telling us.

We are going to run an experiment now to see if stalebot is good for us.
From now on It will be the contributor's responsibility now to have

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.