Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Janos Domosi <do...@fw.hu> on 2002/06/17 14:23:27 UTC

endless http connection...

Hi folks,

I am useing Catalina 4.01 - and a very simple servlet.

The servlet actually does :
     1. getting http request
     2. sends out a byte (a space character) to the client  in every minute - in an endless cycle    -> so it keeps alive the http connection

My problem is:
What is the best way to receive that the http connection is closed by the browser  - during the cycle??
Is there any exception or error thrown????

thanks,
dome

Re: endless http connection...

Posted by Edward Wilson <we...@yahoo.com>.
I had the same problem, if someone has the answer
please post the solution.

..ed