Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arnar Gestsson <ag...@trackwell.com> on 2005/03/21 15:51:23 UTC

HEAD method doesn't propagate from apache to tomcat over mod_jk

Hi,

I've stumbled over a bug in the mod_jk, which can be described by:

If I send request using HEAD method to a servlet, the servlet allways
shows the method as GET.  POST method works as expected.

I've made attached servlet to verify the nature of the problem.  I'm
using the following environment

OS: Linux Redhat 9.0 on intel platform
Tomcat version: 4.1.31
Tomcat component: mod_jk(1.2.8)
JVM: sun java 1.4.2_03
Webserver: Apache 2.0.53

I've not seen this problem mentioned anywhere, but it surely is there.
I would appreciate any comment about the matter.

BR. Arnar

Arnar Gestsson, MSc, Electrical Engineering
TrackWell Software

Re: HEAD method doesn't propagate from apache to tomcat over mod_jk

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Arnar Gestsson wrote:
> If I send request using HEAD method to a servlet, the servlet allways
> shows the method as GET.  POST method works as expected.

This has been fixed already see:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/common/jk_ajp_common.c?r1=1.77&r2=1.78&diff_format=h

So you'll need 1.2.9 for HEAD method to work.

Regards,
Mladen