Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Fayland Lam <fa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 10:14:23 UTC

opensocial.requestSendMessage and shindig-1.0-incubating-php

well, it seems it always return NOT_IMPLEMENTED with
shindig-1.0-incubating-php, right?

I see the opensocial.js, the code is still

opensocial.Container.prototype.requestSendMessage = function(recipients,
    message, opt_callback, opt_params) {
  if (opt_callback) {
    window.setTimeout(function() {
      opt_callback(new opensocial.ResponseItem(
          null, null, opensocial.ResponseItem.Error.NOT_IMPLEMENTED, null));
    }, 0);
  }
};

so what should I do towards it? I applied the patch of
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-shindig-commits/200906.mbox/%3C20090605235821.89B27238888F@eris.apache.org%3E
and it seems not working.

so what's the suggestion? use the trunk code?

Thanks.

--
Fayland Lam // http://www.fayland.org/

Re: opensocial.requestSendMessage and shindig-1.0-incubating-php

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
And did you actually implement the requestSendMessage in your container? And
is that function being called?

& Sorry for the troubles you're having with this, the REST interface of
messages has been working in shindig for a long time already (both in 1.0
and the new expanded interface in 1.1), however the javascript side has
never seen a lot of use because all contributing containers are concerned
about spam, and decided against implementing it as a service.

As a solution the thought is that by making it a container mediated action,
so that the container can pop up a dialog confirming that the user does
indeed want to send that message, that way an app can't just spam in the
background and the user can validate that the message content is
appropriate.

Posted by Fayland Lam <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.