Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/17 17:28:10 UTC

Question about the "org.ofbiz" group and ModelGroupReader.getGroupNames()

Now that we have removed all the entitygroup.xml files containing
entity mappings for the org.ofbiz group (that is now assumed by
default), the method ModelGroupReader.getGroupNames() just return the
"org.ofbiz.olap" group.
What is the best way to fix this? Should we simply add the "org.ofbiz"
group to the list of groups? Or is there a more elegant way of
handling this?

Jacopo

Re: Question about the "org.ofbiz" group and ModelGroupReader.getGroupNames()

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
David,

thank you for your valuable comments.
I have committed my work in rev. 679331
It should be ok, but if you see something wrong in my commit, let me
know.

Jacopo

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 17, 2008, at 6:01 PM, <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> <jonesde@hotwaxmedia.com
 > wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:45:26 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappellato@gmail.com
> > wrote:

>>> Yes, I missed that didn't I...
>>>
>>> The default-group-name should be added to the set that method
>>> returns.
>>>
>>> BTW, I noticed you made a change to compensate for this somewhere
>>> else, and I haven't had a chance to review that thoroughly, but
>>> changing this method may help with that problem too.
>>>

>> Yes, my plan was actually to revert that change after this is fixed.
>> The only doubt I have is that in ModelGroupReader there is no
>> reference to a DelegatorInfo object (that contains the variable with
>> the default-group-name)... and I didn't want to move too many things.
>
> We could probably just pass it in. It would change the method
> signature on the ModelGroupReader, but that's more of an internally
> used object anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about it (actually
> I wouldn't bother worrying at all about it... ;) ).

David, I thought a bit about this and, even if the change is doable, I
have realized that the EntityGroupReader should not depend on a
delagator; I'm wondering if it would be better to move the default-
group-name attribute from the "delagtor" element to the "entity-group-
reader" element. Then everything will be straightforward.

Let me know what you think and I will act accordingly.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Posted by jo...@hotwaxmedia.com.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.