Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ju...@Piater.name on 2008/06/21 20:33:12 UTC

Presence of MathML breaks positioning of link sensitive areas

Hi,

Here's a puzzle for you. I'm not sure whether it's a bug in JEuclid,
in FOP, or both (FOP 0.95beta and trunk, JEuclid FOP plugin 3.1.1):

PDF links below MathML have their sensitive areas shifted.

Here's an example .fo and FOP/JEuclid-generated PDF:
http://intelsig.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/test/links.fo
http://intelsig.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/test/links.pdf

The sensitive area of the link is to the left of the first line, i.e.,
too high and too far to the left.

Some additional observations:

- The placement of the sensitive area near the link target is an
  artifact of my example.

- The problem appears to go away if the margins in the
  simple-page-master are removed.

- The problem does not occur if the math element is empty.

- The problem does not occur if the math is replaced by svg, either as
  an instream-foreign-object or as an external-graphic.

- External links have the exact same problem.

- It is not clear to me how systematic the offset is.  In more complex
  documents, the sensitive areas appear to be rather irregularly
  placed on the page.

- Links above MathML content are not shifted.

Any insights before I file a bug?

Best,
Justus