Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Steve Hay <st...@apache.org> on 2016/09/06 12:35:36 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache-Test 1.40 released

We are pleased to announce the release of Apache-Test 1.40.

This release is now, or soon will be, available for download from your
favourite CPAN mirror or you can find it at:

    https://metacpan.org/release/Apache-Test

Checksums for this release are:

MD5  = 78e059bccfa0c2f0297ff2fca591eca9
SHA1 = 578210e8da1b01e624db8577c4d8ddfc3f221ae2

Major changes in this release are as follows:

Specify licence (Apache 2.0) in META.yml. [Steve Hay, CPAN RT#111359]

Fix broken POD. [Steve Hay]

Switch argument order in "openssl gendsa". [rjung]

Add (limited) checks for *_SAN_*_n and *_DN_Email variables. [kbrand]

Update key sizes and message digest to what is common in 2015. [kbrand]

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache-Test 1.40 released

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations on your release of Apache Test!  Whatever that is.... :-)

I recommend that you include a short description of what Apache Test
is or does as the first paragraph of your release announcements.  Your
release announcement is an opportunity to market your project to
others who have never heard of Apache Test and may not even know what
Apache Test is or does.

Note: I am not subscribed to "test-dev@perl.apache.org" or
"dev@perl.apache.org" and no response is necessary.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
What is the project about? Why should I be interested in it?
[rhetorical questions]

The Announce emails are sent to people not on the developer or user lists.
Most will have no idea what the project is about.

So the e-mails should contain at least brief details of what the
product does, and some info on why the new release might be of
interest to them.

Readers should not have to click the link to find out the basic information
(although of course it is useful to have such links for further detail).

Please can you add that information to future announce mails?

Thanks.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.