Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> on 2005/12/09 14:02:38 UTC

https versus http proxy

Hello,

Is Axis C/C++ 1.5 able to tunnel https connections over http proxies?
According to my investigations probably not.
The necessary steps for this scheme would be (to my best knowledge)
1) connect normally to proxy
2) send http CONNECT request (with remote address as argument)
3) now we have a connection to the remote host (descriptor from step 1)
4) do SSL handshake
5) ready for normal SSL/HTTPS communication
I cannot find such logic in the AxisC sources.
Am i right that https over http proxis is not possible yet and if yes, is
this planned for the future?

Best regards

Franz

Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
____________________________________
ISO Software Systeme
Eichendorffstrasse 29
90491 Nürnberg
Deutschland

Tel. : +49/(911) - 99594-0
Fax  : +49/(911) - 99594-580

mailto:feh@isogmbh.de
http://www.isogmbh.de

Re: https versus http proxy

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karthi,
Karthi Swaminathan <ka...@collab.net> writes:

> Dinesh,
>
> Thanks. This is a pretty common requirement I am seeing. Do you know if
> Axis2/Java supports? Any ideas on how that's implemented or if there are any
> work arounds?
If you have sometime please try to send https request through a
proxy. It might work. You can find more details on sending https
request with Axis2/C and about proxy from Axis2/C manual
[1].

I think Axis2/Java has https proxy support :) , you could get more
information on axis-dev@ws.apache.org

thanks,
Dinesh

1.http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html
--
Dinesh Premalal
http://xydinesh.wordpress.com

Re: https versus http proxy

Posted by Karthi Swaminathan <ka...@collab.net>.
Dinesh,

Re: https versus http proxy

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karthi,
Karthi Swaminathan <ka...@collab.net> writes:

> Axis C++ 1.6 doesn't seem to support https over proxy either.
>
> Anyone know if Axis2/C supports this?
AFAIK, Axis2/C doesn't support https over proxy yet. (But https and
proxy support separately :)) There is a good possibility get it done in
later release. (may be next), Please raise a jira issue.

thanks,
Dinesh

Re: https versus http proxy

Posted by Karthi Swaminathan <ka...@collab.net>.
Axis C++ 1.6 doesn't seem to support https over proxy either.

Anyone know if Axis2/C supports this?

Thanks
Karthi

Re: https versus http proxy