Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Pieter van den Hombergh <pi...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/21 14:20:25 UTC

netbeans 11.2-beta3

I have been playing around with apache NetBeans-IDE version 11.2-beta3. The
experience is quite positive.

As a long time user I can appreciate the new features as well as some newly
discovered features.
I am doing all my development using linux (Ubuntu 18.04). What I liked is:

   - Proper and complete integration of apache maven, in particular the way
   the output of the maven jacoco coverage plugin is presented. It is now
   available as a main window. For more details you can always open the
   target/site/jacoco folder which presents maven resports.
   - You can rerun separate test methods from the test results window,
   which is really nice if you are into Test Driven Development as I am.
   [image: Screenshot 2019-10-21 16:11:03.png]
   [image: Screenshot from 2019-10-21 13-14-48.png]

Running NetBeans on top of java 11 (open jdk) produced some not so good
looking fonts. Adding JAVA_OPTIONS="-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=gasp"  to
my environment undid this minor issue.
first picture is before:

[image: Screenshot 2019-10-21 16:15:28.png]
picture after:
[image: Screenshot 2019-10-21 16:19:09.png]
During my experiments, I found a few minor problems but I had a quick
response on them in all cases.

So I am quite happy with this newest development.

--
Pieter Van den Hombergh.
No software documentation is complete with out it's source code.