Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sa...@women-at-work.org on 2005/05/31 18:49:11 UTC

ThreadLocal example pleeeeease!

Could anyone of you post a quick example how to correctly
use ThreadLocal within a Tapestry page and a Tapestry component?

My global object currently is a map of group data and the key is the group
key. Different page getter methods need parameters that is derived from the
group data .....

E.g. administrator is on:

admin.domain.com

moderators on moderators.domain.com

users on www.domain.com

guests on guests.domain.com

a method that is called getMenuOptions should retrieve the menu options.

The menu can contain 4 different kinds of data. So it is all in a global map
and the database is only queried once.

But this leads to having to parse the map all the time
the method getMenuOptions or any other method that will indirectly call it,
is called.

and I want to sort of shift it into some sort of local variables to be able
to directly access it.

Is that possible using ThreadLocal ? If so, how ?

Thank you!