Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Darrel Riekhof <da...@tririga.com> on 2002/08/29 20:00:02 UTC

Attack of the

Imagine a chunk of XML that looks like this:

================================

<note>
    blah blah blah &nbsp;blah blah blah.&nbsp;
    blah blah,&nbsp;<strong>blah.</strong>
</note>

We generate xml like this.  What is the best way to fix this so that we don't get the exception below when running it through Xalan, but so it still behaves like a nbsp in the resulting PDF after running through FOP?

SystemId Unknown; Line 218; Column 28; ; Line#: 218; Column#: 28
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not declared.
        at weblogic.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:671)
        at weblogic.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1153)

Darrel