Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravi_Mandala <bv...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/15 06:56:58 UTC

Query on Solr Data-db-config.xml

Hi,

My web service has the all DB related information(like
username,password,entity names,fields etc).I want to pass this data to Solr
dataimport handler to do

the importing(fullimport or deltaimport).

Is it possible, passing the DB information and doing the data import from
the solr?.(i want db-data-config.xml data should be dynamic)

If yes, let me know the solution .

Thanks in Advance.
Ravi

Re: Query on Solr Data-db-config.xml

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
You can either have those values stored in variables (${varname}) and have
those configured somewhere else in Solr (there are several options).

Or, if you have a data source in your servlet contains, you can use
jndiName of that instead of configuring it in Solr itself.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)