Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Percival Bragg <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/23 15:01:17 UTC

Newbie to Tomcat needs help

I have installed Tomcat on my Windows XP system and
changed the port from 8080 to 80. I can get to the
Tomcat page with http://localhost/ and also server up
other html pages. I am using Tomcat to help in my
learning of JSP.

I created my first servlet and the compiled class is
in the <tomcat-install>\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
directory. I then try access the servlet with
http://localhost/servlet/classname (no .class) but
this fails with the page unavailable error.

What am I doing wrong. I am running tomcat 4.1.18.

My thanks for any help.