Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Justin F. Knotzke" <sh...@shampoo.ca> on 2002/12/03 18:18:21 UTC

What is this Error?

   Could someone please explain this error:

SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Parsing error, response
was:
Attribute name "SOAP.structType" must be followed by the '=' character.;
targetException=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute name
"SOAP.structType" must be followed by the '=' character.]

    Thanks Justin.

--
Justin F. Knotzke
shampoo@shampoo.ca

Re: What is this Error?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You can get the request and response buffers programmatically by
explicitly creating a SOAPHTTPConnection, calling setRequestBuffer and
setResponseBuffer, and associating the connection with the call by
calling Call#setSOAPTransport.

Alternatively, you can sniff with any of the many tools available.
Since the traffic is really going over the network (not just localhost),
you can just fire up tcpdump (UNIX) or Network Monitor (Win2k).  You can
alternatively use any of the relays (e.g. Apache SOAP TcpTunnelGui) or
proxies (e.g. proxyTrace from pocketsoap.com).

Scott Nichol

Re: What is this Error?

Posted by "Justin F. Knotzke" <sh...@shampoo.ca>.
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:28:43PM -0500, Scott Nichol wrote:
> Basically, your client has received a response that does not appear to
> be valid XML (or at least the XML parser cannot parse it).

    Just to make sure I installed the latest XML Parser (Apache Xerces).
I was using Crimson and I made sure Xerces was at the top of my
Classpath. I still get the same error.

   I was trying to call addGroup() in the Journyx API after having
created my GroupRecord in the same fashion as UserRecord which you so
kindly showed me.

   Is it safe to say that the bug is on Journyx's side? Is there a way I

Re: What is this Error?

Posted by "Justin F. Knotzke" <sh...@shampoo.ca>.

Re: What is this Error?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.