Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by St�phane P�trot <sp...@libertysurf.fr> on 2002/07/27 17:09:19 UTC

custom log URGENT !!

Hi,

I have a server which job is to redirect customer request
to URI.
The process is :

1. Customer browser send a request to my apache web
server (server R).
2. The answer is a redirection to an URI from a database
(with a php script :
header("Location:" . $url) ; )
3. Customer browser receive the URI as answer and make
the resolution to get
the requested final web page (given by the URI).

OK.
The final web page is given by another web server (server
F).

My problem is :
I want to see in the log of the server F that the
customer request hasn't been
made directly but through the server R.
How to configure my server R so that it sends an answer
with any information
that the customer browser is able to transmitt to the
server F. In that way, I
can see in the log from the server F that the request
come through the server
F.

Maybe there is a script solution ? or something else ?

Thanks for helping !!

--------------
Pendant tout l'�t�, le modem ADSL Tiscali est gratuit.
Profitez en pour passer au Haut D�bit !
Cliquez ici, http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise � conditions.

Re: custom log URGENT !!

Posted by Jeff Beard <je...@cyberxape.com>.
Try logging the referer on host F. It should indicate host R, if that's
where it came from.

--Jeff

Stéphane Pétrot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a server which job is to redirect customer request
> to URI.
> The process is :
>
> 1. Customer browser send a request to my apache web
> server (server R).
> 2. The answer is a redirection to an URI from a database
> (with a php script :
> header("Location:" . $url) ; )
> 3. Customer browser receive the URI as answer and make
> the resolution to get
> the requested final web page (given by the URI).
>
> OK.
> The final web page is given by another web server (server
> F).
>
> My problem is :
> I want to see in the log of the server F that the
> customer request hasn't been
> made directly but through the server R.
> How to configure my server R so that it sends an answer
> with any information
> that the customer browser is able to transmitt to the
> server F. In that way, I
> can see in the log from the server F that the request
> come through the server
> F.
>
> Maybe there is a script solution ? or something else ?
>
> Thanks for helping !!

> Pendant tout l'été, le modem ADSL Tiscali est gratuit.
> Profitez en pour passer au Haut Débit !
> Cliquez ici, http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
> Offre soumise à conditions.

Jeff Beard | Systems Architect, Programmer, Sysadmin
Contact    | jeff at cyberxape dot com, 303.443.9339
Location   | In front of the computer, Boulder, CO, USA