Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com> on 2008/04/28 18:36:11 UTC

compile 2.3.1

The current 2.3.1 cannot be compiled using ant compile-main, because
mordred PoolConnEntry assumes a very old version of java.sql.Connection.
Is this correct?

compile-main:
    [javac] ...\src\java\org\apache\james\util\mordred\PoolConnEntry.java:37
: org.apache.james.util.mordred.PoolConnEntry is not abstract and does
not override abstract method
createStruct(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) in java.sql.Connection

Re: compile 2.3.1

Posted by Sascha Fröhlich <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you can solve it by changing the class PoolConnEntry from abstract to a
normal class.

Greetings,
Sascha

Re: compile 2.3.1

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: compile 2.3.1

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Forgot to tell that here is my +1 to remove it in trunk and backport to
any release excluding dot releases. Please update the jira issue
according to what you do.

Stefano

RE: compile 2.3.1

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> if anyone needs to use mordred with newer versions of java then they
> can submit a patch

As I mentioned earlier, and we can deal with it then.

	--- Noel

Re: compile 2.3.1

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> Serge Knystautas wrote:
>  > This is a good example of Robert's points on modularity.  If mordred
>  > was a separate project built separately, we could keep it as a binary
>  > dependency, no?
>
>  Except that the issue is that mordred needs updating because it no longer
>  works with newer versions of Java.

if anyone needs to use mordred with newer versions of java then they
can submit a patch

- robert

RE: compile 2.3.1

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.