Posted to user@flink.apache.org by bat man <ti...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/13 14:59:26 UTC

Flink Native Kubernetes - Configuration kubernetes.flink.log.dir not working

Hi,

I am running a POC to evaluate Flink on Native Kubernetes. I tried changing
the default log location by using the configuration -
kubernetes.flink.log.dir
However, the job in application mode fails after bringing up the task
manager. This is the command I use -

./bin/flink run-application --target kubernetes-application
-Dkubernetes.cluster-id=flink-k8s-poc-app
-Dkubernetes.container.image=<custom-image>
-Dkubernetes.flink.log.dir="/var/log/containers"
local:///opt/flink/usrlib/uber.jar

Is there something else which needs to be done to write logs to a
different location like creating the folders in the custom image.

Thanks.

Re: Flink Native Kubernetes - Configuration kubernetes.flink.log.dir not working

Posted by bat man <ti...@gmail.com>.
I was able to verify that this works fine
Dkubernetes.flink.log.dir="/var/log/containers" with Flink 1.13.1.
Initially there were some issues with the deployment, once fixed it worked
fine.

Cheers,
Hemant

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.