Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com> on 2015/07/29 13:06:33 UTC

Integration test for CRUD operations of all the artifacts

Hi All,

I'm in the process of writing integration test to cover the CRUD operations
of all the individual and the connected artifacts. The below test cases for
add, get, update and remove will be covered in the integration test with
all possible test scenarios.

1. Autoscaling policy (*Done*)
2. Network Partition (*Done*)
2. Cartridge (*Done*)
3. Deployment Policy (*Done*)
        - add relevant network partition
        - add deployment policy
        - update network partition
        - update deployment policy
4. Application Policy
       - add  relevant network partition
       - add application policy
5. Cartridge Group
6. Application
       - add relevant network partition
       - add relevant deployment policy
       - add relevant application policy
       - add application
       - deploy application
       - update relevant network partition
       - update relevant deployment policy
       - update application

This will reduce our effort of testing in the release and make sure that
any build will be stable from master.

Please share your opinions on improving this further in order to cover more
complex scenarios.

Thanks,
Reka

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: Integration test for CRUD operations of all the artifacts

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Gayan,

I have added relevant artifacts to [1] which is inside integration test. I
have added the test scenarios and kind of step by step assertions in [2].

[1]
https://github.com/apache/stratos/tree/master/products/stratos/modules/integration/src/test/resources

[2]
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/products/stratos/modules/integration/src/test/java/org/apache/stratos/integration/tests/SampleApplicationsTest.java

Thanks,
Reka

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi Reka,

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Imesh..!!!

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi All,

wrote:

> Thanks Imesh..!!!
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 8:46 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> A great initiative Reka!! This would definitely reduce the testing
>> effort. It's good to use a separate set of artifacts for this purpose
>> rather than using the samples.
>>

> +1 for using different artifacts for this purpose as we might need to
> write artifacts in a way that it covers specific test cases.
>
> Thanks,
> Reka
>
>> Great work!
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm in the process of writing integration test to cover the CRUD
>>> operations of all the individual and the connected artifacts. The below
>>> test cases for add, get, update and remove will be covered in the
>>> integration test with all possible test scenarios.
>>>
>>> 1. Autoscaling policy (*Done*)
>>> 2. Network Partition (*Done*)
>>> 2. Cartridge (*Done*)

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Imesh..!!!

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
A great initiative Reka!! This would definitely reduce the testing effort.
It's good to use a separate set of artifacts for this purpose rather than
using the samples. Great work!

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2