Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/07 17:10:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

I've uploaded a release at
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-201/

The release notes are available at
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310849&version=12317953

The vote will be opened for at least 72 hours.  Please review and vote.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed it that way.  Please check the new assemblies i've uploaded
with pointers in the new vote thread.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Cancelling this vote.  I'll fix the two missing ASL headers and
enhance the notice file to precise that this only apply to the binary
distribution (I don't really want to mess with the whole assembly at
that point).  I'll recut a new release asap.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've uploaded a release at
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-201/
>
> The release notes are available at
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310849&version=12317953
>
> The vote will be opened for at least 72 hours.  Please review and vote.

+1 for me

Julien

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Looking at the release notes there appears to be some critical fixes.

+1

However note that I have not had a chance to verify the correctness of the
release, nor have I tested it.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 8 June 2012 16:48, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 June 2012 10:37, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Where is the SVN tag?
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sshd/tags/sshd-0.7.0/
>
> Ideally that should have an RC suffix in case the RC fails and has to be redone.

Two files don't have AL headers:

sshd-core/src/main/java/org/apache/sshd/agent/SshAgentConstants.java
sshd-core/src/test/java/org/apache/sshd/util/BogusChannel.java

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 6/9/12 7:45 AM, Julien Vermillard a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM, sebb<se...@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> I didn't say it's not possible, but you can't just rename the jars,
>> No need to rename the jar.
>> The jar does not need to have the RC suffix, just the tag.
>>
> Well we release like that since year in MINA, I don't think  a tag RC
> prefix  worth a veto.
> You plan to remove your veto if the NOTICE file and the licence header
> are fixed ?

a -1 on a release is, so to speak,  not a veto. But still, if the N&L
files are not correct, that needs to be addressed.

Let's discuss about the releases on an other thread.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release SSHd 0.7.0

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
ok, I switch to a +1

I had some bad jars in my maven repository. Everythingis now ok.

Le 6/8/12 7:22 PM, Guillaume Nodet a écrit :
> Are you sure your slf4j jar in your local maven repo is valid ?
> Could you try deleting it and rebuild ?
>
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<el...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> -1
>>
>> checked out the project :
>>
>> $ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sshd/tags/sshd-0.7.0
>> $ cd sshd-0.7.0/
>> $ mvn clean install
>> [INFO] Apache Mina SSHD .................................. SUCCESS [1.919s]
>> [INFO] Apache Mina SSHD :: Core .......................... FAILURE [3.904s]
>> [INFO] Apache Mina SSHD :: PAM ........................... SKIPPED
>> [INFO] Apache Mina SSHD :: Assembly ...................... SKIPPED
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] Total time: 6.178s
>> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Jun 08 18:45:47 CEST 2012
>> [INFO] Final Memory: 13M/81M
>> [INFO]
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile
>> (default-compile) on project sshd-core: Compilation failure: Compilation
>> failure:
>> [ERROR]
>> /Users/elecharny/mina/sshd/sshd-0.7.0/sshd-core/src/main/java/org/apache/sshd/common/channel/AbstractChannel.java:[31,16]
>> package org.slf4j does not exist
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR]
>> /Users/elecharny/mina/sshd/sshd-0.7.0/sshd-core/src/main/java/org/apache/sshd/common/channel/AbstractChannel.java:[32,16]
>> package org.slf4j does not exist
>> [ERROR]
>>

>> --
>> Regards,