Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Chris Cheshire <cc...@bigredwire.com> on 2003/06/12 03:01:59 UTC

[OT] viewing DTD in browser

This is somewhat OT but I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere,
so hopefully someone here can shed some light on the situation.

In my javadocs for my app, I have linked to the DTDs used. If the DTDs
contain absolutely no comments at all, then the DTDs can be viewed in a
browser (I have tried NS 7 and IE 6 installed on Win2K, and Sun's
Mozilla 1.2.1 on Solaris/x86 2.8). As soon I link to a DTD with comments
in it, the browser shows a blank page, yet viewing the source shows the
entire contents of the DTD. If I create a copy of the DTD and give it a
txt extension the page is rendered properly. I don't like this scenario
at all :(

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Is there any way around it? Is
there something I can put in the DTD to stop it?

Thanks

Chris