Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/29 01:52:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache ManifoldCF 2.0 has been released!

Apache ManifoldCF 2.0 has officially been released.

ManifoldCF 2.0 is *not* backwards compatible with any ManifoldCF 1.x
release.  This allowed for the reduction of the MCF 2.0 schema, the
reorganization of some APIs, and the removal of much duplicate/redundant
functionality.

In addition, the high points of this release are as follows:
- A brand new Alfresco Webscript connector, with document security support
- Significant performance-related work, to permit better scaling to very
large numbers of documents
- Enhanced history record-keeping, for easier debugging
- Reorganization of connector APIs permitting 2x performance improvements
for most connectors
- Addition of JDBC connector access token support
- Upgrade to jetty 9, and allow user configuration of jetty via a jetty.xml
file

Please join me in congratulating all the developers on this major milestone.

Thanks!
Karl

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ManifoldCF 2.0 has been released!

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

I'm afraid all that we've got is CHANGES.txt, for a detailed list.

As for how 2.0 differs from 1.x: That's also in there, of course.  But
there is one thing you should consider right away:  MCF 2.0 is NOT
backwards compatible with 1.x.

Specific non-backwards-compatible changes include:
- Removal of framework-level forced metadata, in favor of the metadata
adjuster transformation connector
- Removal of all other tabs that do metadata adjustment, same reason
- Use of true encryption for the obfuscation of passwords

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <be...@gmail.com>.