Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Crook <tj...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/03 03:39:43 UTC

"Include" directive in web.xml?

Could anyone tell me how to include (as in cpp #include) another file in
a web.xml file?

The reason I would like to do this is that I am using Tomcat jspc to
precompile our jsp's. Using the -webinc flag to jspc I can generate a
file of jsp-to-servlet mappings that is supposed to be included in
web.xml. Despite extensive rtfm-ing, list archive reading and googling,
I haven't found a way to include the mapping file in web.xml.

Thanks

Does someone hurt my Tomcat on regular basis?

Posted by Andrey Myatlyuk <an...@oneworldinc.com>.
Hello Tomcat people,

Sometimes in my Tomcat 3.2.3 log I can see messages like this:

java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
        at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Native Method)
        at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:440)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.FileUtil.safePath(FileUtil.java:184)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.getRealPath(Context.java:797)
        at org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor.requestMap(StaticInterceptor.java:196)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(ContextManager.java:835)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:786)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
2001-09-01 06:10:09 - Ctx(  ): 404 R(  + http:/www.spedia.net/ + null) null

Do I need to pay attention to these exceptions or there is no way to
avoid them?

Thank you!

--
Andrey Myatlyuk - 212.269.4156 - 11 Broadway, Suite 700 - New York, NY 10004
www.oneworldinc.com