Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/18 23:59:53 UTC

Re: Taglibs-all Jenkins build

2012/3/19 Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>:
> On Mar 18, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

>>> Do you know, why Taglibs-All [1] at Jenkins is failing?
>>
>> I think it may be because jenkins is checking things out in different location and the relative paths don't work. I think we should remove those now we have a released parent pom and always use the repo version.
>>
>> However, I don't have permission to kick off a build though Jenkins. Could someone please grant me the necessary.
>
> I changed extended and rdc to use the released pom. Hopefully Jenkins will trigger off the commit.
>
> It looks like the Jenkins configuration also includes site but I fail to see the point of that as there's no testing. I suggest we remove it from the config.

I do not know what the original intention was,  but I suppose that it
tests that the site builds OK.
Though it should be possible to remove the Site build from
"Taglibs-All" and configure it as a separate build.

Just recently we had a build failure in Tomcat 7 documentation,
because of unescaped '&' in the changelog (that should have been
'&amp;).  So documentation build can fail.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko