Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2014/03/05 09:45:53 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Add run-it profile and enable on Jenkins

Hi all,

Right now, our itests are always run when you build with a simple mvn
clean install.

I would like to propose:
- create a itests profile in itests and tooling (renaming of
ci-build-profile as it's not related to ci only)
- enable the run-it profile on Jenkins by default
- document the usage of this new profile

It means that:
- mvn clean install will execute all utests, but not itests by default
- mvn clean install -Pitests will execute all utests, and itests
- mvn clean install -DskipTests will not execute utests, neither itests
- mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pitests will not execute utests, but
itests will be executed

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Add run-it profile and enable on Jenkins

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I think the tests are currently fast enough to run by default.
Having a default to not run itests often tends to let people skip itests
before a commit.
In the end it is just a question of default as we currently also can
skip the itests but I think
the default of running the itests communicates that they are important
to us.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider