Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org> on 2021/02/08 00:45:03 UTC

Re: [Updates] Outreachy working group minutes

Hello folks,

Meeting notes of our last meeting:
Date

Attendees

   -

   Katia Rojas <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~katia>
   -

   Matt Sicker <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~mattsicker>

Goals

   -

   New year, new Outreachy rounds!

Discussion items

   -

   Secured funding for 8 interns ($52,000) for round May 24 to August 24
   -

   https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/
   -

   https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/apache/ applied, awaiting
   organizer approval

   -

   Need Outreachy FAQ
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/Outreachy+FAQ> contents
   filled to answer common questions for mentors applying to next round
   -

   Need to send out email to committers@ or whoever announcing new round
   -

   March 7 is the project/mentor application deadline
   -

   New label: outreachy21may

   -

   request friction log to interns and mentors from last round

Action items

   -

   Katia Rojas <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~katia> create
   a new blog post linking new FAQ for new round May-August:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=EDI
07
   Feb 2021
   -

   Katia Rojas <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~katia>
   request friction log to interns and mentors 07 Feb 2021
   -

   Matt Sicker <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~mattsicker>
   finish updating Outreachy FAQ 07 Feb 2021
   -

   Matt Sicker <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~mattsicker>
   send Outreachy announce email with updated FAQ and blog post 12 Feb 2021

For more details, please see the confluence page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2021-02-03+Outreachy+Meeting+notes

You will find our new blog post here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2021/02/06/%5BANN%5D+Seeking+volunteer+mentors+from+Apache+projects+to+help+mentor+under-represented+contributors

Thanks,
Katia

Posted by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org>.
Hello folks,

Please see the notes of our last meeting.
Date

Attendees

   -

   Katia Rojas <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~katia>
   -

   Matt Sicker <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~mattsicker>

Discussion items

Notes

   -

   https://www.outreachy.org/outreachy-may-2021-internship-round/communities/apache/#implement-distributed-tracing-for-qpid-proton-c
   -

      Closed for new applicants, already have two recorded
      -

      https://www.outreachy.org/outreachy-may-2021-internship-round/communities/apache/applicants/
      -

      The applicant have until April 30th to submit final applications.

May 10, 2021: Intern selection deadline

Website: look for a base that we could reused and maintain.

For more details please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2021-04-21+Meeting+notes

Thanks,
Katia