Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/09/04 08:59:42 UTC

Prevent popup of black command prompt console when starting "jmeter.bat" in WindowsXP?

When start jmeter.bat in WinXP then at first the black command prompt console window popsup and starts the actual JMeter application.

How can I prevent the popup of the popup of the black command prompt console window?

Is this is not possible at all: is there a way to start it al least automatically minimized?

Ben

Re: Prevent popup of black command prompt console when starting "jmeter.bat" in WindowsXP?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 04/09/2009, Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> When start jmeter.bat in WinXP then at first the black command prompt console window popsup and starts the actual JMeter application.
>
>  How can I prevent the popup of the popup of the black command prompt console window?

You would need create your own version of the script that uses
javaw.exe rather than java.exe. You might need to make other changes.

However, this is not recommended, as there are some (rare) errors that
are only reported to the console window.

>  Is this is not possible at all: is there a way to start it al least automatically minimized?

This is a Windows question - create a shortcut to it, and change the
shortcut properties.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM, sebb<se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/09/2009, Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> if you run the jmeterw.bat you also won't be sending the extra
>>  parameters to JMeter. the tweaks in jmeter.bat are useful and don't
>>  know any other way to get around this.
>
> Huh?
>
> jmeterw.cmd passes all its parameters to jmeter.bat

my bad...
i always thought that jmeterw.cmd start jmeter with no other
parameters, that it's more or less just like double clicking the
applet. checked it now and proved otherwise ... :D

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Oops, forgot that was there!

Posted by Mark Rotteveel <M....@pluton.nl>.

Ben Stover wrote:
> When start jmeter.bat in WinXP then at first the black command prompt console window popsup and starts the actual JMeter application.
>
> How can I prevent the popup of the popup of the black command prompt console window?
>
> Is this is not possible at all: is there a way to start it al least automatically minimized?
>
> Ben

Mark Rotteveel <M....@pluton.nl>
Pluton IT