Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "JARRETT, Martyn (MEDWAY NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)" <ma...@nhs.net> on 2018/06/27 15:03:52 UTC

MS SQL Cluster

Have setup a new Guacamole 0.9.14 server with MS SQL authentication, however it fails to connect to our SQL cluster instance. ServerName\InstanceName. How would I set the instance name in the config as it refuses to read any back slashes?

Thanks in advanced.

Re: MS SQL Cluster

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 11:04 AM JARRETT, Martyn (MEDWAY NHS FOUNDATION
TRUST) <ma...@nhs.net> wrote:

> Have setup a new Guacamole 0.9.14 server with MS SQL authentication,
> however it fails to connect to our SQL cluster instance.
> ServerName\InstanceName. How would I set the instance name in the config as
> it refuses to read any back slashes?
>

> Thanks in advanced.

Where are you putting this information?  In the host field or the database
name field?

You might check out Microsoft's site on their JDBC driver (assuming you're
using the MS JDBC driver):
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/building-the-connection-url?view=sql-server-2017

Looks like you can use braces to escape special characters, so I would try
the following things:
ServerName{\}InstanceName
ServerName\\InstanceName

The double-backslash may work, or you can try as Microsoft is suggesting
with the braces around the slash.  If you can't get anything to work you
might open up a JIRA issue on this - we may need to add a property to the
SQL Server module configuration to account for instance names.

-Nick