Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by smartfish <so...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/06 12:24:45 UTC

JMeter Eclipse

Hi all,

  I am new to JMeter. I am trying to write a client implementation for the
TCP Sampler. I have downloaded the source of JMeter. I am trying to compile
JMeter using Eclipse. I copied the src and lib folder in my eclipse project.
In the src folder there are subfolders like components, core etc. In each
file the import statements are like "import org.apache.jmeter.*"  but
actually the files are in "component.org.apache.jmeter.*" or
"core.org.apache.jmeter.*" . so the eclipse is showing errors for these
import statements. How do i setup jmeter in eclipse? Also what all things
should i include to write a tcp implementation client...

Thanks in advance...

Re: JMeter Eclipse

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/07/2009, smartfish <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi sebb ... Thanks for the reply....
>
>      I have added the jars that are in the "ext" folder of jmeter.

You may also need some of the jars in "lib".

>  I want to
>  a tcpimplementation that uses SSL connection. Do i need to delete some class
>  files from these jar files because, i think i need to write a new TCPClient.
>  Basically i need to use SSL Connection while creating socket connection. i.e
>  ssl://IPAddress:PORT.

Just create your own implementation of the TCPClient interface, as described in:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#TCP_Sampler

Re: JMeter Eclipse

Posted by smartfish <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi sebb ... Thanks for the reply....

     I have added the jars that are in the "ext" folder of jmeter. I want to

Re: JMeter Eclipse

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.