Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/30 03:52:58 UTC

Arrow sync call October 30 at 12:00 US/Eastern, 16:00 UTC

Hi all, reminder that our biweekly call is 12 hours from now at
https://meet.google.com/vtm-teks-phx. All are welcome to join. Notes
will be sent out to the mailing list afterwards.

Neal

Re: Arrow sync call October 30 at 12:00 US/Eastern, 16:00 UTC

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
Attendees:
* Uwe Korn
* Micah Kornfield
* Praveen Kumar
* Wes McKinney
* Rok Mihevc
* Neal Richardson

* docker-compose/github-actions
(https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/5589). Needs review, needs to be
merged and have followup issues made. Currently too many jobs being
run on every commit.
* result vs. status C++: following up on previous discussion
* Parquet PRs: who is blessed to merge? Technically should be an
Apache Parquet committer (Wes, Uwe, Deepak, others?). If reviewing,
ask one of them to merge.
* C API: outstanding concerns (1) use of JSON for metadata, (2) who
owns the data and has to free it? Uwe and Micah to review the
C++/Python/R implementation