Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk> on 2010/01/29 17:20:36 UTC

[Vote] Release Kato M1-incubating

The Kato community has voted to release Kato M1-incubating. We now
request the
Incubator PMC for a vote.

The proposed release artifacts are located at:
     http://people.apache.org/~monteith/kato/apache-kato-M1-incubating-RC3/

There are packages for the Java binaries with documentation, source and
native libaries for Linux and Windows x86.
Each package is available in tar.gz and zip form, expect for the native
packages.
asc, md5 and sha1 (SHA512) files are generated for each.

rat*.txt files have been generated for each of the packages contents.
The mapping is:
     apache-kat-M1-incubating-bin.(tar.gz|zip) - rat-bin.txt
     apache-kat-M1-incubating-src.(tar.gz|zip) - rat-src.txt
     apache-kat-M1-incubating-native-bin-linux-i386.tar.gz -
rat-bin-linux.txt
     apache-kat-M1-incubating-native-bin-windows-i386.zip -
rat-bin-windows.txt

Please review the artifacts and cast your vote by Thursday 4th February.

Thanks in advance,
	Stuart Monteith

--
Stuart Monteith
http://blog.stoo.me.uk/

[VOTE RESULTS] was: [Vote] Release Kato M1-incubating

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
The vote is now closed. The vote results are:

+1 votes: 4  (Ant Elder, Matt Hogstrom, Robert Burrell Donkin, Mark Hindess)
0  votes: 0
-1 votes: 0

The vote therefore passes.

Many thanks to those who voted.

Regards,
     Stuart

--
Stuart Monteith
http://blog.stoo.me.uk/

Re: [Vote] Release Kato M1-incubating

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
Thanks Ant and Mark,
	If someone wouldn't mind looking over the release artifacts and casting a vote, it would
be very much appreciated by the Kato podling.

Thanks,
	Stuart

Stuart Monteith
http://blog.stoo.me.uk

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Release Kato M1-incubating - please vote!

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
> I downloaded one of the tar balls and did some spot checking for licenses and verified pgp sigs.
>
> +1

+1

well done

- robert

Re: [Vote] Release Kato M1-incubating - please vote!

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
> I downloaded one of the tar balls and did some spot checking for licenses and verified pgp sigs.
>
> +1

+1

well done

- robert

Re: [Vote] Release Kato M1-incubating - please vote!

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
Thanks for your vote Matt,
     We just need one more +1 from the IPMC and then we can release.

Thanks,
     Stuart

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
Hello,

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
+1

But I find it slightly odd that the sha1 files are not SHA-1 hashes but
are SHA-512 hashes (and SHA-512 is one of the SHA-2 algorithms).

-Mark.

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
Hello,

--