Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Deepak Hegde <to...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/02/17 16:36:37 UTC

Very Very Slow performance of Tomcat

Hi All,

I am running Tomcat 4 and Apache 1.3 and Struts Framework on Sun Sparc
machine having O.S 5.8 version.

Web application is developed to use Postgres Database also.

I am facing lots of performance issues with Tomcat i.e sometimes tomcat process hangs and website stops opening and some times it goes very slow. The Problem gets sloved when i restart the tomcat service again.

I am really struggling find out the reason for this....

Somebody please help me ..

Regards,
Deepak

Re: Very Very Slow performance of Tomcat

Posted by Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fi...@terra.es>.
Is maxProcessors lower than Apache's MaxClients?

Are you hitting the max. number of connections to your database?

When it goes slow, does it hang later?

Are you closing all your connections to the DB?

Q: ---> Is there a "checklist" somewhere for this kind of things? It
would be useful for nearly everyone.

Antonio Fiol