Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bryan Berndt <bb...@edulog.com> on 2007/02/27 00:10:57 UTC

Tomcat Service Manager for windows

Hello,

I just joined this mailing list to plug a piece of software that has been
enormously helpful to the company I work for.  I have no idea if its been
mentioned on this mailing list or not, so excuse my redundancy.

Its called Tomcat Service Manager. it enables one to very easily make
multiple instances of Tomcat 4, 5, 5.5, and now 6 on Windows Operating
Systems.  The author is David Boyer.

If you require multiple instances of Tomcat on Windows servers, I highly
recommend it.

http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/index.jsp?section=software&subsection=tcservc
fg&page=overview

Re: Tomcat Service Manager for windows

Posted by javahollic <ja...@gmail.com>.
Nice plug, I've just spent 3 hours trying to get another service registered.
You've saved me the rest of the day. ^L^ :clap:

Posted by Mark Liu <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks.

How do we use this stuff.  I have a hard time figuring
out.  The documentation he has on the web has a
completely different GUI interface from actual
application.  Maybe that's for an older version.

I have tomcat 6.0 installed at C:\Tomcat_6.  I would
like to have 2 instances of tomcat on the same host.

OK, here are my questions:

1. What service name to we give the new tomcat
instance?  I suppose it can be anything such as
tomcatinst2, tacmot, funkietommy.  But if I assign a
random service name, later on, when I run it, it
complains that the name cannot be found under
C:\Tomcat_6\bin.

2. Suppose I name the new service tacmot, where do I
save the tacmot.xml file?

3. For the box that asks for Catalina Home, should I
just select C:\Tomcat_6 and then use the defaults for
Catalina_base and Tomcat Config File

I just can't get it to work.

Thanks.