Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/12/19 16:52:03 UTC

1.4 release

Hi all,

We're getting ready to tag the 1.4 release - if you have time, please review the current build and let us know if you see any issues. Otherwise, we'll plan to tag on Tuesday or Wednesday and put the release to a vote.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: 1.4 release

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> wrote:
> Assuming that there are no issues with it, this set of artifacts is ultimately going to be released to the public as Pivot 1.4. So I believe we will need to call for an official vote (correct me if I am wrong).

I think that you may not change the name of the released artifacts to
go from "RC" to "final" without a corresponding vote. So, if an RC is
going to be produced, Martijn's suggestion is that such artifact
doesn't necessarily need a PMC vote, UNLESS you upload it into /dist.
So, I suspect that you may both be right, the question is if you want
to have one or two rounds of votes and vetting.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er