Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2009/07/29 16:47:27 UTC

Re: Cactus-Dev Name Conflict

which is specifically dealing with legal aspects / naming conflicts / ...
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/

    Pier

Re: Cactus-Dev Name Conflict

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Ralph Goers<ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> However, you and I are expressing personal opinion, not a legal opinion and
> certainly not ASF policy.

Absolutely!

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: Cactus-Dev Name Conflict

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
To me there is a big difference in perception between what apachecorp
vs what hadoop-dev, lucene-dev, maven-dev, etc. would be about.  I
have no problem with all the Apache variations you found as none of
them would seem to have much to do with the ASF or our projects.
cactus.com would bother me a lot if it had to do with Apache Cactus.
If it didn't then I'd tell Sonatype to go rename themselves to
TheMavenCompany.com or MavenSupport.com or something like that.
cactuscode.org is another story as it is another open source software
project and they call the project Cactus and has apparently been
around for a long time, probably longer than Jakarta Cactus.

However, you and I are expressing personal opinion, not a legal
opinion and certainly not ASF policy.

Ralph

Re: Cactus-Dev Name Conflict

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.