Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "zhonghongfei@yy.com" <zh...@yy.com> on 2014/10/20 11:06:19 UTC

how can I send a heartbeat to supervisor manually?

how can I send a heartbeat to supervisor manually?
In my spout, I emit many tuples in a loop, it takes so much time to finish. This cause the supervisor thinks the worker is dead and reassign the job .
so how can I send a heartbeat to supervisor manually to inform supervisor that the worker is alive ?

Re: Re: how can I send a heartbeat to supervisor manually?

Posted by "zhonghongfei@yy.com" <zh...@yy.com>.
yes, that's what I've done.
thank you.

From: Nathan Leung
Date: 2014-10-20 21:28
To: user
Subject: Re: Re: how can I send a heartbeat to supervisor manually?
Why not break up nextTuple into several iterations so the task has a chance to send its heartbeat?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 5:13 AM, zhonghongfei@yy.com <zh...@yy.com> wrote:

Thank you for quick response.

I iterator over a big set, so it takes much time to finish in the nextTuple method.

From: Itai Frenkel
Date: 2014-10-20 17:10
To: user
Could you please elaborate "it takes too much time to finish" ? For example, does the emit method blocks due to pushback ?

Posted by Nathan Leung <nc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "zhonghongfei@yy.com" <zh...@yy.com>.

From: Itai Frenkel
Date: 2014-10-20 17:10