Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@apache.org> on 2008/01/21 07:53:36 UTC

wrapper approach to start synapse on Windows

Hi devs and users,

I have removed the synapse.bat file and renamed the run-syanpse-service.batto
synapse.bat, so that the default mechanism to run synapse is through the
wrapper. This is because the synapse.bat file always gives the input path is
too long error, and we were unable to get rid of that (actually we can't get
rid of that, since it is an Windows issue).

Now onwards (1.6 onwards) we are not distributing the
run-synapse-service.bat inside the bin directory but that will be renamed to
synapse.bat and there wont be any other way of running synapse on windows
(obviously install-synapse-service.bat ans the
uninstall-synapse-service.batwill be there to install as a service and
uninstall respectively).

Unix community has no effect at all over this change :)

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: wrapper approach to start synapse on Windows

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Unfortunately not :-( .. However, Indika found a way we can do the same
while still using the  service wrapper.. I have asked this to be fixed,
and will call a re-vote once ready..

asankha

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan

Does the approach

synapse -sample xxxx

still work?

Paul

On Jan 21, 2008 6:53 AM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi devs and users,
>
> I have removed the synapse.bat file and renamed the run-syanpse-service.batto
> synapse.bat, so that the default mechanism to run synapse is through the
> wrapper. This is because the synapse.bat file always gives the input path is
> too long error, and we were unable to get rid of that (actually we can't get
> rid of that, since it is an Windows issue).
>
> Now onwards (1.6 onwards) we are not distributing the
> run-synapse-service.bat inside the bin directory but that will be renamed to
> synapse.bat and there wont be any other way of running synapse on windows
> (obviously install-synapse-service.bat ans the
> uninstall-synapse-service.batwill be there to install as a service and
> uninstall respectively).
>
> Unix community has no effect at all over this change :)
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>
> --
> Ruwan Linton
> http://www.wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: wrapper approach to start synapse on Windows

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan