Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by "timmycheng (程力)" <ti...@tencent.com> on 2020/04/23 06:36:49 UTC

Re: Ozone CLI(Internet mail)

Hey Jorge,

You could start with https://hadoop.apache.org/ozone/docs/0.5.0-beta/shell.html.
If you start s3 gateway process by ozone --daemon start s3g in ozone and export you AWS access key and secret key, you can play with standard AWS CLI to send requests to ozone s3g (https://hadoop.apache.org/ozone/docs/0.5.0-beta/interface/s3.html).

Welcome to make contributions to ozone repo and experience with HDFS will def help!

-Li

On 2020/4/22, 11:36 PM, "Jorge Céspedes" <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Good afternoon,

    I'm experimenting with ozone in a remote k8s cluster, and everything is up
    and running. I would like to try now the commands for operating on buckets
    and creating files, so my question is: is it possible to use ozone CLI from
    my local machine and run commands which get executed in the remote cluster?
    Something along the lines of aws CLI. If such thing is possible, could
    you guide me towards the documentation of building the CLI? All the docs
    I've found so far are about accessing the docker container.

    BTW, I hope I can contribute to the project in the near future, I've been
    working for 5 years now with HDFS and technologies around Hadoop, and I
    find ozone to be a very interesting project.

    Thanks in advance!

    Best regards,

    Jorge