Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2012/02/20 12:58:36 UTC

Index Merging

Hi to you,

i've got a question concerning the merge of multiple indexes...

Suppose we have two indexes which contain the same content ...than the
result of a indexMerge is to have an index which contains the result
doubled..ok so far so good ...
But is there any chance/configuration that Lucene will recognizes that
they are the same and doesn't duplicate the contents ? Do i need a
special configuration for that ? or particular fields in the index ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Index Merging

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
There is nothing in core lucene to do this and I don't recall seeing
anything in contrib. One approach would be to loop through all the
docs in the second index deleting them if present in first index,
commit that change, then merge the two indexes.

--
Ian.