Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com> on 2015/11/05 23:54:00 UTC

Making service user and ACL provisioning available in Sling

Hi,

In the context of removing all loginAdministrative usages from AEM 6.2
we have started removing these usages from Sling. While we do have a
way of using service users in Sling, we do not (yet) have a way of
creating service users and ACLs, except by using code.

In AEM, we are already using content packages to deploy users and ACLs
and we want  to avoid creating a Sling-only mechanism. Therefore the
question is - what options do we have for creating service users and
ACLs that would work for all of Sling/AEM/Granite?

I've listed the options that I know of at [1], please add any that I
might've missed, including discussion references. Please do not start a
discussion on pros and cons of each option yet ; let's get all the
options on the table before.

Thanks,

Robert

[1]: https://wiki.corp.adobe.com/display/~rmuntean/Making+service+user+
and+ACL+provisioning+available+in+Sling

Re: Making service user and ACL provisioning available in Sling

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Wrong list, please ignore :-)