Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/21 00:50:26 UTC

Any good gui tools for working with hdfs

My dfs is a real mess and I am looking for a good gui fiile manager to allow
me to clean it up
deleting a lot of directories
Anyone written one???
--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: Any good gui tools for working with hdfs

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Yeah seems like its only working with 0.20.2 release at this point (203-205 upgraded the version, so that's the issue - compatibility broken). I repacked their jars with newer hadoop classes (DFSClient especially) and I think it works. I didn't test everything though.

Checking out their svn code and trying to build is turning out to be a nightmare (ant seems to have a load of deps, and no easy way of hadoop jar replacement?), so I'll pass on fixing their upstream stuff for a while. If anyone understands their build system better - do take a crack at it - they're completely open source :)

Posted by Nitin Khandelwal <ni...@germinait.com>.
Hi Harsh,

I am not able yo use MuCommander . Will you please tell me what did u enter
in port (corresponding to which property in configuration).

Thanks,
Nitin

--

Nitin Khandelwal

Re: Any good gui tools for working with hdfs

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Any good gui tools for working with hdfs

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Any good gui tools for working with hdfs

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.