Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/14 11:34:07 UTC

Upgrade to Vert.x 4 and MicroProfile 4

Hi

Part of support for Quarkus 2, we need to upgrade to vert.x 4 and MP
v4 for the Camel components. VertX and MP are both GA.

The Quarkus project is switched to their main branch being v2 and they
start releasing alpha, beta releases soon, and for 2.0 GA by summer.

So we should not be too slow here at Camel, so it may be worth to see
the effort it takes to upgrade and potentially get this implemented
for Camel 3.10 release.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Upgrade to Vert.x 4 and MicroProfile 4

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

We have now upgraded to MP4 and Vertx4 to be in the Camel 3.10 release.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Peter Palaga <pp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Zineb Bendhiba <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Le mer. 14 avr. 2021 à 13:45, Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com> a écrit :

> +1 from my side as well
>
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 1:41 PM Andrea Cosentino
> <an...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > +1 from my side.
> >
> > We have already a PR open for this about moving to Vertx 4
> >
> > --
> > Andrea Cosentino
> > ----------------------------------
> > Apache Camel PMC Chair
> > Apache Karaf Committer
> > Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> > Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
> > Twitter: @oscerd2
> > Github: oscerd
> >

> > On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 01:34:40 PM GMT+2, Claus Ibsen <
> > claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > Part of support for Quarkus 2, we need to upgrade to vert.x 4 and MP
> > v4 for the Camel components. VertX and MP are both GA.
> >
> > The Quarkus project is switched to their main branch being v2 and they
> > start releasing alpha, beta releases soon, and for 2.0 GA by summer.
> >
> > So we should not be too slow here at Camel, so it may be worth to see
> > the effort it takes to upgrade and potentially get this implemented
> > for Camel 3.10 release.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Zineb

Re: Upgrade to Vert.x 4 and MicroProfile 4

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com>.
+1 from my side as well