Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 02:54:11 UTC

Move maven repository out of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf

Per notes from Daniel to pmcs,  Apache projects are not allowed to use
svn.apache.org (or people.apache.org/~committer/**) as an endpoint for
users to download packaged sources or binaries from.  That includes hosting
maven repositories.

I did a quick scan,  now we are using svn.apache.org based repo in 3
places.   2 places is controled by geronimo and we can move it to
dist.apache.org.  It's better to use the current wiki svn publish way so
that we can still manage the repo via svn, while publishing the repo to
somewhere else.

The other place is hosted by servicemix, we need to interlock with
servicemix community to see when they will make the change.

Any thoughts ?

*Geronimo 2.1 branch.*
---------------------------------------
<repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>geronimo-svn-repo</id>
            <name>Geronimo 21 patched libraries</name>
            <url>
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1/repository/
</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

*Geronimo 2.2 branch.*
---------------------------------------
None

*Geronimo 3.0 branch.*
---------------------------------------
            <repository>
                    <id>geronimo-svn-repo</id>
                    <name>Geronimo 3rd Party libraries</name>
                    <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repo/
</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>false</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </repository>

          <repository>
                    <!-- equinox -->
                    <!-- org.eclipse routing -->
                    <id>smx.svn</id>
                    <name>Servicemix svn Repository</name>
                    <layout>default</layout>
                    <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo/
</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>false</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </repository>

--
Shawn

Re: Move maven repository out of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
I just removed a while a bunch of repositories definitions from the
3.0 branch which looks like we don't need anymore. That included the
servermix one. So I think all we have to worry about is the Geronimo
ones.

I don't think we can remove these svn repos since older Geronimo
source code might depend on them (stuff that's tagged) but I think we
can at least make the changes in the branches.

Jarek