Posted to users@maven.apache.org by aminmc <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/02 17:20:24 UTC

Maven 2 and JDK 6

Hi

I am trying to do a build maven2 and  JDK 6 and I getting test failures
(nullpointer exceptions) from running some test cases.  These test cases use
mock objects and simulate xwork actions.  The same tests run and pass in
eclipse IDE using JDK 6.

Has anyone had the same experience, if so would it be possible to get some
advice.  Obviously I have no provided extensive info but would be happy to
do so.

Thanks

Re: Maven 2 and JDK 6

Posted by aminmc <mo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

I am trying to build the project with jdk6 and maven.  The project compiles
ok but when runnign the tests i get nullpointer exceptions which i don't get
when running the same tests in eclipse and jdk 6.

I'm wondering ( i could be wrong here ) if it's related to surefire...
Thanks

Re: Maven 2 and JDK 6

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
you mean you are building a project with jdk6 and maven or you are trying to
build maven with jdk6?

I am using jdk6 without any problems

 mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.6.0_02
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.21-gentoo-r4-mm4" arch: "i386"

we have a mixture of windows and linux machines...

occasionally testng test failure reports on the command line give null
pointers so you have to look at the file on disk.... bit annoying but not a

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer