Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Julián García <jg...@unionsoluciones.com.co> on 2006/01/11 16:06:29 UTC

MyFaces + Shale + Facelets

Hi,

I am using Hibernate + Spring + Myfaces. It's been working but I think
that I am writing a LOT of code in the view layer. I have a small custom
validation framework of my own, and my own init mechanisms in my beans.
I use tiles.

I'd like to do more templating, and reuse some code out there....I was
thinking of:

Facelets: to do templating
Shale: init mechanisms in beans, client-side validation, Spring integration

Any experiencies you want to share combining or using separately this 2
frameworks with MyFaces 1.1.1

Do they have overlapping features? Would you use them both for production?

Thanks for your comments.

Julian