Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Celona <mc...@criticalmention.com> on 2005/02/17 21:13:42 UTC

java.io.IOException: Stale NFS file handle

Has anyone seen this..

java.io.IOException: Stale NFS file handle

        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readBytes(Native Method)

        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.read(RandomAccessFile.java:307)

        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.readInternal(FSDirectory.java:420)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(InputStream.java:158)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readByte(InputStream.java:43)

        at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readBytes(InputStream.java:57)

        at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSInputStream.readInternal(Compou
ndFileReader.java:220)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(InputStream.java:158)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readByte(InputStream.java:43)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readVInt(InputStream.java:83)

        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermDocs.next(SegmentTermDocs.java:102)

        at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiTermDocs.next(MultiReader.java:361)

        at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiTermDocs.next(MultiReader.java:366)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldCacheImpl.getStringIndex(FieldCacheImpl.java:2
68)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldCacheImpl.getAuto(FieldCacheImpl.java:343)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldSortedHitQueue.comparatorAuto(FieldSortedHitQu
eue.java:327)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldSortedHitQueue.getCachedComparator(FieldSorted
HitQueue.java:170)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.FieldSortedHitQueue.<init>(FieldSortedHitQueue.java
:58)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:122)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.search(MultiSearcher.java:141)

        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64)

        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:51)

        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:49)

I get this during a load test or 5 simultaneous users.  I have the index NFS
mounted from an "indexer box" which holds the index to an application server
(tomcat).  My index is constantly being  added to.  Search performance is in
the 4 second range ( queryString of "the" ) on an index of about 2G (as of
now). does anyone know how I can speed this up.

Michael