Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Roland Lechner <ro...@web.de> on 2002/02/22 10:48:49 UTC

Error: >

Hi there,

executing FOP I get the following error message:

[ERROR]: >

Anybody knows what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Roland

Re: Error: >

Posted by Chuck Paussa <Ch...@systems.dhl.com>.
Roland,

The [ERROR]: > message is a generic message meaning that a recoverable
error occured. The recoverable errors are listed in the spec but, the
most common reason is that some of the output text did not fit in the
designated space. For instance, if you specify a <fo:region-before
extent ="3mm" and the text you put in that area spills out beyond 3mm,
the text will be placed on the next page header (making it look funny)
and FOP generates [ERROR]. The same thing occurs with table cells where
a word can't wrap in the available width, etc. etc.

If you examine the PDF and don't see anything wrong, you can ignore the
error but, it's an indication that you should look closely at the XML
data you are feeding the XSL to make sure that you don't get some
surprises after you've gone into a production environment.

Chuck