Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Afonchenko <an...@ubaccess.com> on 2002/12/16 12:25:46 UTC

Using saxon extensions in Cocoon?

Hi all.
I have an xsl stylesheet that uses a few saxon extension functions.
When I was applying this stylesheet on an xml file through command line, everything worked,
but now I am trying to run it through Cocoon, and I get the message:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'http://localhost:8080/cocoon-dev/ub/violations.html'.

And if I look in the source of this page, it is empty.
If I remove the line in xsl that uses saxon function, everything else works fine.

How can I use saxon extensions from Cocoon?
I am sure that should be simple, but I can't work it out myself.

Thank you very much for your help.

Anna

Re: Using saxon extensions in Cocoon?

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
You may have multiple independent problems in your
setup:

I understand your environment is as folows:

1.) there are two independent webapps running in your container,
     a.) the original cocoon webapp
     b.) your cocoon-dev webapp

2.) You have inserted saxon-6.5.2.*.jar into the WEB-inf/lib
     of your cocoon-dev.

Now when accessing your pages within cocoon-dev, you get the
error xml page can't be displayed.
Please look into the cocoon logs (WEB-INF/logs/core.log) and
search for the last stack trace. On top of this stack trace
you may find the original Saxon message, that created this
failure. You will have to look around a bit. Eventually you will
find the cause of your problem in the logs.

3.) You have inserted saxon-6.5.2*.jar additionally into your
     cocoon webapp

Now you get /cocoon is not available.

That seems to be something with your tomcat setup. Look into
the logfiles of your tomcat container and check, if one of
your webapps has crashed ?

By the way, did you restart tomcat after you changed the
cocoon.xconf ?

regards, hussayn

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
you need to enable saxon.