Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Dhimant <dh...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/05 13:58:36 UTC

error: type mismatch while Union

Hi,
I am getting type mismatch error while union operation.
Can someone suggest solution ?

  / case class MyNumber(no: Int, secondVal: String) extends Serializable
with Ordered[MyNumber] {
      override def toString(): String = this.no.toString + " " +
this.secondVal
      override def compare(that: MyNumber): Int = this.no compare that.no
      override def compareTo(that: MyNumber): Int = this.no compare that.no
      def Equals(that: MyNumber): Boolean = {
        (this.no == that.no) && (that match {
          case MyNumber(n1, n2) => n1 == no && n2 == secondVal
          case _ => false
        })
      }
    }
    val numbers = sc.parallelize(1 to 20, 10)
    val firstRdd = numbers.map(new MyNumber(_, "A"))
    val secondRDD = numbers.map(new MyNumber(_, "B"))
    val numberRdd = firstRdd .union(secondRDD )
<console>:24: error: type mismatch;
 found   : org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD[MyNumber]
 required: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD[MyNumber]
           val numberRdd = onenumberRdd.union(anotherRDD)/

Re: error: type mismatch while Union

Posted by Dhimant <dh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Aaron for pointing out problem. This only happens when I run this
code in spark-shell but not when i submit the job.

Re: error: type mismatch while Union

Posted by Aaron Davidson <il...@gmail.com>.
Are you doing this from the spark-shell? You're probably running into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1199 which should be fixed in
1.1.

Posted by Dhimant <dh...@gmail.com>.
I am using Spark version 1.0.2

Re: error: type mismatch while Union

Posted by Yana Kadiyska <ya...@gmail.com>.
Which version are you using -- I can reproduce your issue w/ 0.9.2 but not
with 1.0.1...so my guess is that it's a bug and the fix hasn't been
backported... No idea on a workaround though..