Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/12 12:31:25 UTC

Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Hi folks,

I am working towards making a release of EC2stack.
Since it was given to our project we have not made an official release.

I just added a few documentation files, added license headers, notice files, copied over the release script from cloud monkey.
Plus a few other odds and ins.

I don't plan to do any changes to the actual code for now, but I would like to make a 1.0.0 release and then start patching.

How do people feel about this ?
Has anyone used it lately with 4.5.x releases ?

finally, any help to get the Travis runs working again would be good, matter of changing the links I think.

feedback welcome, otherwise I will just cut a release and send a vote thread.

cheers,

-Sebastien

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
@seboga opened a ticket for the coveralls stuff
https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/INFRA-10123

I believe the pypi submission doesn't like the readme as an md and it will
render it weirdly on pypi (open to correction on this).
I've added you on the pypi entry so you should be able to upload the latest
binary to there.

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by Carlos Reategui <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,

PrivateDNSName *to me* would be something that one would be able to
> resolve... if displayname.whatever-set-domain.tld is resolvable at some
> point in the system then this change seems sane. Otherwise use a tag.

I suggested Name because that is what the hostname gets set to.  You can
also resolve that name when dns querying the VR (at least on my basic
network setup).  I don't know what display name is used for.  It does not
come across in any of the meta-data from the VR.

> If you want to do a PR totally happy to review it. its been awhile since I
> worked on ec2stack so my memory is a bit foggy if I remember correctly it
> should just be a case of modifying ec2stack/templates/instances.xml adding
> the appropriate key with value of instance.displayname

I'm out for the next few days but I'll have a look next week and see if I
can figure that out.  May be a good solution for now.

cheers
Carlos

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
No problem. I'll look into those. I'd imagine Darren had them on a personal
account or something.

Any idea if we have an asf account on the related sites? If so Will need to
open infra tickets to get them enabled for the ec2stack GitHub mirror.

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hey Sebastien,

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release EC2stack 1.0.0

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
On 12-Aug-2015, at 4:01 pm, sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>> wrote:

How do people feel about this ?
Has anyone used it lately with 4.5.x releases ?

I had test ec2stack with 4.5.1 release and help set it up for a pre-production environment as well.
Last time I checked I was able to work awscli with it, not to mention how painless it was compared to awsapi (which btw did not work with 4.5.x, for me).

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.